Making a Difference
As a family-run company, we make a difference every day in reducing our impact on local ecosystems through sound environmental practices in our operations and for our park visitors. Our success is because we do not consider the local and national parks, in which we work, to be just another business. We are stewards of the natural, historic, and cultural resources of these parks. We consider it a privilege to work as junior partners with the National Park Services, State Departments of Natural Resources, National Forest Service, and local communities to keep the parks “America’s Best Idea”.
We are committed to the following:
- Implementation of strict Water Preservation procedures and technologies.
- Energy Reduction through improved efficiencies and aggressive usage strategies and technologies.
- Waste Management focusing to first Reduce, then Reuse, and finally Recycle to the greatest extent possible.
- Sustainable Purchasing not only for on-site products and menu items but also through supplier partnerships promoting sustainable supply chain management.
- Preservation and Protection of Park Resources specific to each location where we operate.
- We strive to implement sustainable solutions such as validating that our products and services meet high standards and continue to lead our locations to becoming Green Sealed Certified.
We ask our guests to join us in our commitment to preserving the unique and precious environment of local, state, and national parks by participating in our environmental initiatives not only while they are enjoying their park experience but also in their daily activities going forward. Take care to preserve the treasures of today for the visitors of tomorrow.